Friday, July 9, 2010

Hopefully You Can Go Back .....

Well, I am a tad nervous but more than anything extremely excited for tomorrow .... tomorrow the family and I go to have a bbq with a family we haven't seen in many years ..... this is a family that was an integral part of our courtship, dating, engagement, wedding and early marriage .... and for whatever reason, we drifted apart.

That happens, people leave jobs, move on, and let's face it, we drift apart. But what is exciting to me is that we can drift back together. Thanks to the magic of facebook, I reconnected with this family's daughter who 11 years ago was my daughter's age when she beautifully served as our flower girl, and their then 6 year old was our ring bearer.

They are now fully grown 'grown ups' and to be honest I'm more nervous seeing them than their parents ... as grown ups we will probably just pick up where we left off, but my relationship with these 'children' is brand new, they are completely different people now and I know I won't be the 'fun auntie' that they once followed around, they will be the grown humans who may share a beer with me! (YIKES!!!)

But the part that I hope will be the most fun is seeing things come 'full circle' and hopefully see them engage with my children .... 11 years later!

I am also so excited to reconnect with their parents, two people who meant the world to me years ago, and I am so happy that we are able to make plans and hopefully pick up where we left off, without any hard feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment